Volunteers are the life blood of foodbanks. Your skills could be just what we need.
Sparkhill foodbank is reliant on the skills and generosity of the local community who give their time to help their neighbours in need. We currently have 60 volunteers across our 5 centres but with the recent increase in demand we need more help!
Whatever role you choose, you will make a real difference to the life of someone in crisis.
The foodbank has the following need for volunteers. Please contact us for further information:
- Monday afternoon in Tyseley – 1 / 2 volunteers to make food parcels and sort food donations
- Tuesday morning in Tyseley – 1 warehouse volunteer and 1 client volunteer available until 1.30pm
- Tuesday afternoon in Tyseley – 1 warehouse volunteers to make food parcels
- Wednesday morning St John’s Sparkhill – 2 client volunteers to provide support on a rota basis 10am – 1pm
- Thursday morning at Balsall Heath Church Centre – 3 client volunteers to support the foodbank between 10.30am and 1pm.
- Thursday afternoon in Tyseley – 2 volunteers to make food parcels for St John’s Sparkhill
- Volunteer drivers – to cover various ad-hoc collections (must be 25+, own car desirable but not essential)
In 2018 we have some supermarket collections booked. If you can help at any of the collections listed below please contact Gareth or Les. All times are 10am – 2pm unless otherwise stated:
- Saturday 1st September at Asda Shirley
- Early December – Tesco national collection at various locations